Friday, August 19, 2011

Port Teriyaki Sauce


We are not big wine drinkers.  If I open a bottle of wine for dinner, chances are there is still half a bottle left afterwards.  Figuring out what to do with the leftover wine has been a battle.  I can use it to cook pasta, but we don’t eat pasta everyday.  I can drink it, but stale wine is nobody’s favorite.  It wasn’t until I tried using it in teriyaki sauce that I found the perfect place for it.  Any wine will do.  A bottle of ready, home made teriyaki sauce at home can spice up any meal.  Home made!!!

Ingredients
Mirin                          1 cup
Rice cooking wine     1 cup
Port                            1 tablespoon
Thick soy sauce          2 tablespoon

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a sauce pan, heat until boiling, turn to medium heat, continue cooking until the sauce reduced to half or until the desired consistency. 

Serving: 1 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment