Monday, December 26, 2011

Petite Popover


I’ve always thought the traditional popover pans makes too big a popover.  Plus I could only fit one mold into my tiny oven, which makes 6.  Wouldn’t it be nice if it were smaller??  So when I saw this petite popover pan, I’ve got to try it.  As it turns out, this is the perfect size for popovers.  I didn’t dare open the oven door before the time is up, but I could see from the outside that they were popped nicely with bulbous heads!!!  At the end of our Salmon Christmas dinner, my good friend Patricia even said, “these are so small, the three small popovers I ate equals the calories from one big popover!” Um…I wish, Patricia.  Let’s still hit the gym tomorrow just to be safe!!!    (^_−)−


A Ingredients

Butter, room temp      1 tablespoon



B Ingredients

Butter                          1 tablespoon

All-purpose flour        1 cup

Kosher salt                 ½ teaspoon

Minced parsley            2 teaspoon

Eggs, room temp         2 pieces

Whole milk                 1 cup



Directions:

1. Rub the room temperature butter onto the popover pan, evenly coating all baking surface inside the cups.

2. Preheat oven 425 degree, whisk together all B ingredients, after the oven is preheated, pop the popover pans into the oven for 2 minutes, then remove from oven to quickly fill the cups with batter, pour about 3/4 full. 

3. Bake at 425 degree for 18 minutes, do not open oven door before timer is up or else the popover will collapse, serve hot. 



Serving: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment