Sunday, January 6, 2013

Princess Castle Cake




My friend Carla and I created this cake together.  It was certainly a lot of work.  But this cake is completely original.  What do you all think? 

I met Carla while working the seasonal at a cookware store.  I spent some time explaining how to bake a cake to her, and ended up going to her house to show her a few basic steps.  We made two beautiful cakes that day.  A rose cake and a Minnie Mouse cake.  Carla did most of the piping.  She's super talented!!

We designed a princess castle cake together in November and it came to life in front of us.  We both had so much fun designing this cake.  It's completely original!!!  We're talking about designing another huge wedding cake.  But hey, no wedding!!!  Just for fun then!!
  It was a lot of work making this cake.  I practiced making the checkerboard but it all came out swirly.  It was super frustrating.  I made four 9 inch practice cakes to finally come up with such beautiful checkers!!! What can I say...I am an incurable perfectionist!! Carla and I are both artists, so we go over the top making this cake perfect. 
 I love the final product.  It was such a lovely party.  I hope you all enjoyed the video clip.  The first half is in Mandarin but the second half is all in English!!!

2 comments:

  1. could you please give us your number we want a princess castle cake becoase weve got a birthday party at 31st of august and price


    by mrs sheikh

    01924478142
    ring me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...

    Sorry I've got to reply here. I live near Los Angeles, California, USA. I don't recognize your number so I assume you are not nearby. If in fact you are nearby, I can personally deliver/assemble this cake to your party and even stay and host (like in video). The price for this cake is $599 USD.

    ReplyDelete