Friday, November 30, 2012

Italian Bread Crumbs





When I first started learning how to cook, small ingredients like the break crumbs always gave me a headache.  It’s quite expensive and I only need a tiny little bit.  Nowadays I learn to buy bulk at markets so that I will have no leftover ingredients to deal with.  My thanksgiving dinner was a raving success.  I saved money and pantry space!!

Now if your family is anything like mine, you’ll have pieces of bread here and there.  This is a great recipe to get rid of stale bread.  Enjoy!

Ingredients
Toasts, stale                  3 slices
Garlic salt                     1 teaspoon
Italian seasoning          ½ teaspoon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven 300°F/150°C.
2. Cut the slices of toasts, then put the toasts into a fod processor or blender, pulse until fine. 
3. Add the garlic salt and Italian seasoning into the crumbs, pulse a few more times to mix. 
4. Spread the crumbs evenly onto a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes.  Let cool completely after baking, the store in air tight containers.

Serving: 1 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment